2005/03/10

HST and reading


I am joining in late, of course, and as is my wont. But HST is one of my favorite characters/writers/role models. I've read Fear and Loathing probably three times in the last year, and seen the fine Terry Gilliam interpretation too many times to count.

Side note: reading of fiction and poetry at a cafe tonight. A friend of mine (call her "Melody") read a wickedly funny piece about fiction writers. But she got some odd looks from writing MFA faculty at the U who were in attendance. An MFA-er commented that the 1st rule of writing is that you never talk about fiction writers; probably true, but this was so brutally honest that one can only hope that no one would believe it.

So: farewell, Hunter. I'm about to go out and do a shot or three for you, since I can't shoot anything off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home