2006/03/24

Another fucking reason

...why condoms and/or vasectomy ought to be pushed with religious zeal on our schoolboys. Details from Ampersand on "Alas" blog from whence the pic.
Edit: why is it ever primarily the woman's responsibility to prevent pregnancy? She knows she risks a pregnancy every time she has heterosexual vaginal intercourse. She accepts that, if she does not choose to "abort"--i.e. remove--the zygote/embryo/fetus, she will have responsibility for it. The biological daddy of the baby is just as responsible: it's his wriggling little tadpoles that did it, and a risk inherent in heterosexual vaginal intercourse. Just because it's not his choice what to do with a woman's body doesn't mean in any sense that he doesn't have responsibility for any child of that union. (That's fucktarded bullshit. I'm getting fed up with being polite about this issue.) What to compare that mindset to? A man shoots at a wild pig attacking his dog. He hits the dog. Then he refuses to pay the vet for putting it down. I like that, a nice story for all the red-state-of-mind mysoginists out there. Buy the ticket & take the ride, as the saying goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thoth said...

I've slept with a few women who thought it was weird that I used a condom even though they insisted they were on birth control. (Though I didn't always do this.) To which I say, "Sure, but I don't know you well enough to be sure you take it all the time, or on schedule, or that something accidental but potentially fertile-izing isn't happening, and anyway I'm so far pretty sure I don't want a child with you (yet?), so thanks but I'll stick with the prophylactic for now." Which by the way ever heard of a woman who thinks sex doesn't feel as good with a condom? This is all very odd to me right now. But I agree with your basic point which is, I think, if you're old enough to make a mistake, you're old enough to know how to prevent mistakes. ...To say nothing whatever of STDs...

24/3/06 16:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home