2006/03/09

for rachel, who'll never know

'n 'bout thanxgiving: sorry tho i kno its not my fault, n i hope u r better.
still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
still a little hard to say what's going on

still a little bit of your ghost, your witness
still a little bit of your face i haven't kissed
you step a little closer each day
still i can't say what's going on

stones taught me to fly
love taught me to lie
life taught me to die
so it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

still a little bit of your song in my ear
still a little bit of your words i long to hear
you step a little closer to me
so close that i can't see what's going on

stones taught me to fly
love taught me to cry
so come on courage
teach me to be shy
'cuz it's not hard to fall
and i don't want to scare her
it's not hard to fall
and i don't wanna lose
it's not hard to grow
when you know that you just don't know
thx d. rice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thoth said...

Still the Rachel thing? What's with that--although, me too dude. That is like my unofficial theme song. Also:
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...
Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new

which leads into "Cannonball"... that's the shit.

9/3/06 11:21  
Blogger Sneaky Sis said...

Oh yeah, how about:
are you still mad I kicked you out of bed?
are you still mad I gave you ultimatums?
are you still mad I compared you to all my forty year old male friends?
are you still mad I shared our problems with everybody?

are you still mad I had an emotional affair?
are you still mad I tried to mold you into who I wanted you to be?
are you still mad I didn't trust your intentions?
of course you are

are you still mad that I flirted wildly?
are you still mad I had a tendency to mother you?
are you still mad that I had one foot out of the door?
are you still mad that we slept together even after we had ended it?
of course you are

are you still mad I wore the pants most of the time?
are you still mad that i seemed to focus only on your potential?
are you still mad that i threw in the towel?
are you still mad that i gave up long before you did?
of course you are


Alanis, of course.

10/3/06 10:46  
Blogger january girl said...

who the heck is rachel?

14/3/06 09:20  
Blogger Gdog said...

somebuddy. no longer importint.

14/3/06 10:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home